The Family of Jeunesse

The Family of Jeunesse
All the products available through my link

Sunday 5 April 2015

Wishing you a Very Happy Easter


Happy Easter

Just popping in to wish everyone a Very Happy Easter. I love Easter, in fact it is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Two reasons, My background is Anglican however, my parents sent me to a private Catholic school so growing up this holiday holds some very powerful memories. 

I also love this holiday as each year for many years in the 1970's my dad used to take my mom, sister and me to Qualicum Beach over on Vancouver Island for our spring break week and we stayed in a little cabin right on the beach. The cabins were simple and I had to share a bed with my sister, but we were a family and we had a week of fun activities. It is there that my dad taught us to dig for clams and my mom made clam chowder for dinner, I learned to make my first beach fire to roast marshmallows sitting behind a large log to break the cold breeze. When I saw my dad last week we started talking about our spring break trips and we both wondered if the location was still around after 40 years..... so today I did a little internet searching and was so happy to find out that I could find some pictures of the location and I believe it is still somewhere to go and stay. Maybe a trip is in my future.....  It was nice to know that not everything changes. 


I love Easter too as it is a day that I make a big ham and glaze it with my secret sauce along with a big batch of scalloped potatoes. Turkey is great, but for some reason Easter has always been a Ham holiday.

Well - I can smell the dinner in the oven and its calling me to serve it and I have some hungry eyes watching me so I will say good evening - enjoy your Easter.

Do you have any fond memories from this holiday? If you would like to share them - it would be great to see why this holiday is important to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment